Google

Monday, May 28, 2007

Zhang Ziyi-Trivia



Was ranked 2nd of the 100 Sexiest Women by FHM Taiwan (2001).

Was named one of the 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 by Teen People Magazine (2001).

Was named one of the 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 by Teen People Magazine (2002).

Attended the China Central Drama College. studying Dance.

Spokesmodel for: Maybelline (cosmetics). Pantene (shampoo). Coca-Cola Asia. Former Spokesmodel for Tag Heuer (watches). 2% (Korean mineral water). Lenovo Computers.

Spokesmodel of Maybelline (cosmetics).

Former Spokesmodel of 2% (Korean mineral water).

Spokesmodel of Pantene shampoo.

Spokesperson for Coca-Cola (Asia)

Former spokesperson for Lenovo Computers.

Family includes: Li Zhousheng (mom). Zhang Yuanxiao (dad) & Zhang Zinan (older brother)

Forbes magazine`s China edition recently ranked her the second most popular celebrity after NBA player `Yao Ming` . [August 2004]

[September 2004] Taking lessons to improve her English.

Her father is an economist and her mother is a kindergarten teacher.

Ranked #91 in Stuff magazine`s ``102 Sexiest Women In The World`` (2002)

Born on the same day as actress `Vicki Abashkin` .

Joined the Beijing Dance College at 11 & the Beijing Dance Academy at 15.

Is one of 112 invitees to join AMPAS in 2005.

Named by Entertainment Weekly in their `The Must List` 2005. Listed 38th out of the 122 people and things the magazine ``loves`` this year. Ziyi was the only Chinese to be included.

Selected by ``Southern People Weekly`` magazine as `Chinese Top Ten Leaders Of The Younger Generation` in 2005.

Listed in People Magazine`s `50 Most Beautiful People` List in 2005.

Was listed in ``Time Magazines`` World`s 100 Most Influential People. They called her ``China`s Gift to Hollywood``.

Was ranked one of the `100 Most Beautiful Women in the World` in the July 2005 issue of Harpers & Queen magazine. It was her first time on the list. She was ranked number 15.

Personal quotes:

``In China. we don`t consider someone truly beautiful until we have known them for a long time. and we know what`s underneath the skin.``

After Crouching Tiger (Wo hu cang long (2000)). there was a big change for me. with all the attention thrust upon me. I got lot of work: my first Hollywood film. Rush Hour 2 (2001). and a lot of advertisements in Asia. I think for me it`s a very good part of my life. I`ve been lucky. because I`ve had great characters to play. Now I really want to work with good directors.

You know. I never think I can become an actress. But it happened. Not because I dreamed it. but because it happened.

It`s my first time in a lead and I have to speak English! In a Japanese accent! [on Memoirs of a Geisha (2005)].

It was so hard working for him. but I like the challenge. We don`t learn the script. every day we had to. erm ... improvise. [on working with Wong Kar-wai in `2046`]

``For Western women. it`s much easier to be yourself. If you want to do something. you just go and do it. In an Asian context. women are still much more modest and conservative. I want. through my roles. to express the parts in the hearts of Chinese women that they feel unable to let out.``

Chinese women are much more modest than American women when it comes to clothes. We tend to show less flesh.

I`ve discovered that I value simplicity above all in dressing. I don`t like anything I wear to be too complicated or fussy.

``Even though I`ve done Hollywood films. I still don`t think of myself as a Hollywood actress.``

``I always think it`s really hard if you are Asian or Chinese to be really in Hollywood. There are not so many really great characters for you. I always think you are lucky to get offered [something like] `Memoirs of a Geisha`. but I don`t think it will happen all the time.``

No comments: